Climate changes interact with land-use and other environmental changes at multiple scales to influence the viability of social-ecological systems. How climate interacts with land-use to impact water supply and risks of floods has been a core interest.
Our place-based approach has been explicitly multi-scale embedding our work at local levels within inside larger regional, national, and international contexts. We cooperate with and contribute to international scientific networks and programs – like the Earth System Governance Project.
- Lebel L, Salamanca A, and C. Kallayanamitra (2017). The governance of adaptation financing: legitimacy at multiple levels. International Journal of Global Warming 11:226-245. (Abstract)
- Thomalla F, Lebel L. et al. (2017). Long-term recovery narratives following major disasters in Southeast Asia. Regional Environmental Change, 1-12. (Abstract)
- Marks D, Lebel L. (2016) Disaster governance and the scalar politics of incomplete decentralization: Fragmented and contested responses to the 2011 floods in Central Thailand. Habitat International 52, 57-66. (Abstract)
- Dany V, Taplin R, Bajracharya B, Regan M, Lebel L. (2016) Entry points for climate-informed planning for the water resources and agriculture sectors in Cambodia. Environment, Development and Sustainability, 1-22. (Abstract)
- Chen CTA, Gao X, Ishizaka J, Lebel L. (2015) Coastal seas in a changing world: Anthropogenic impact and environmental responses. Continental Shelf Research. 111, 109-111. (Abstract)
- Dany V, Bajracharya B, Lebel L, Regan M, Taplin R. (2015) Narrowing gaps between research and policy development in climate change adaptation work in the water resources and agriculture sectors of Cambodia. Climate Policy. (Abstract)
- Lebel L. (2014). Closing knowledge-action gaps in adaptation to climate change in the Asia-Pacific region. Int. J. Environment and Sustainable Development. 13:204-221. (Abstract)
- Käkönen M, L. Lebel, K. Karhunmaa, V. Dany, and T. Try. (2014). Rendering Climate Change Governable in the Least-Developed Countries: Policy Narratives and Expert Technologies in Cambodia. Forum for Development Studies. 41:351-376. (Abstract)
- Biermann F, Betsill M.M, Vieira S.C, Gupta J, Kanie N, Lebel L, Liverman D, Schroeder H, Siebenhuner B, Yanda P.Z, Zondervan R. (2010) Navigating the anthropocene: the Earth System Governance Project strategy paper. Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability. 2, 202-208. (Abstract)
- Lebel L. (2013). Local knowledge and adaptation to climate change in natural resource-based societies of the Asia-Pacific. Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change 18:1057-1076. (Abstract)